Lou's Crayola Celebrity Challenge

This is now the place to find the latest news on my Crayola Celebrity Challenge - ooo... exciting!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Background Story

It's all the fault of 'Team Forum' from the Johnny Herbert Karting Challenge. It really is. I wanted to get autographs... Rick mentioned remembering to take 'writing instruments'... a phrase which I loved... then someone mentioned crayons (mocking me for my childish nature, no doubt)... I got excited... Rick therefore brought me some crayons to use on the day (hence autographs #1 and #2)... and then I started to get a little bit carried away...


There's several reasons why I want to do this Challenge. First off, it's great seeing people's reactions when I tell them to "pick a colour, any colour" and hold out a box of crayons. It's not everyday that that happens to them... and they like it. To quote Jonny Wilkes: "CRAYON!! I love writing in crayon!!!" Secondly, it makes me stand out a bit... if you're reading this, then you obviously know me at least a bit, and therefore you'll know that I just like to be Me. A bit of an individual. And this just gets their attention that bit more. Thirdly, it's a great excuse to try and get celebrities to draw you a random picture. (Why are self-portraits popular choices by them so far?!) Fourthly, and fairly importantly... it makes my autograph book look pretty when you flick through it. It's a rainbow satchel of famous-y goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home