Lou's Crayola Celebrity Challenge

This is now the place to find the latest news on my Crayola Celebrity Challenge - ooo... exciting!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

28 April 06 - Status: 17!!

And I'm back with a bang!! Woah yeh - SEVENTEEN!! Only 7 more to go! Check me out. I'm the Crayola motherbitch. Haha ummm... annnyyywaaayyyyyss...

So first off I got 3 Boosh boys at an aftershow party in Manchester... then I got a 4th Boosh boy at Newcastle when I waited for a (freezing cold) hour after the show. But alas and alack! Noel Fielding broke Rule #4!! BUT! It's OK. A loophole was immediately added in, therefore stopping the world from imploding. Phew. See.. it went like this:

Me: Pick a colour.
(Noel picks a colour and draws)
Noel: I want another colour!
Me: OK!
(I hand over box of crayons to Noel, and he fishes through until he finds one he's happy with (green yellow), and then continues to draw. He then inspects his handiwork, and in a true Vince Noir moment goes...)
Noel: Yeh... I'm quite proud of that actually! That's genius!

Did you pinpoint the moment where Rule #4 briefly shattered until the loophole could paste it back together? But... I mean.... NOEL! You can't say no to Noel!!! But anyways, it's ok, it's sorted now.

After the Boosh joy, I went to Silverstone for the F1 testing and I crayola'ed a couple of racing drivers! YAY!!

Pedro de la Rosa made me laugh... I told him to pick a colour, and he had a look and then picked out orange, and then proudly announced "orange is a colour!!" Haha.... they're smart cookies, these racing drivers! Liuzzi was a sweetie.. he thought long and hard about which colour to use, and then gave me a big grin. Nice boys.

Near misses: Juan Pablo Montoya (only signed about 3 people's things coz he had a meeting to get to), Anthony Davidson (had stopped signing by the time I got there), Jacques Villeneuve (being inexplicably mobbed, so was impossible to get to and would never have been able to get him to choose a crayon even if I had fought through the masses).

Crayola revisited: The third time I met Rich Fulcher, I had a discussion with him about his crayon drawing... I asked what it was, and told him that the only thing me and my friend (hello Rik!) could think it was, was a duck being hit in the head with a frisbee. He laughed, and agreed it DID look like that... "but I'm no good at drawing.... I improvised!". I also saw Noel Fielding again. And Johnny Herbert. And Jenson Button. All three of whom remembered me. *excited squeak* This one simple fact makes me ridiculously happy.

So, 11th May will bring me to Birmingham to see Danny Wallace, if I can get decent train fares there. That'll be 18. Then there'll just be that final half dozen. Hmmmmmmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home